This project is read-only.

using silvermap in coffee rust project

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:49 AM

i'm interested in use your visualization tool in my project, but i can't find how to install, or view (like a web service) your tool.

waiting for your request,

Leonardo

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Hi there:

I'm also interested in using Silver Gene and Silver Map for our website (http://pfs.nus.edu.sg).

Hope you can enlighten me on how to do so and also wonder if adding customized tract is enabled now.

Regards

Jingbo

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Hi, sorry about the delayed response... I have moved to a new project at QUT so have not been checking back here recently.

SilverMap and Blast Explorer don't really have an installer. SilverMap in particular requires a web site and SqlServer install to work, so it is distributed as a source distribution. There are instructions for getting started as part of the download as I recall.

We had some issues with the project home pages last month, and these may have left the web pages for SilverGene and SilverMap in a non-operational state. I'll look into this and post back in a few days.

SilverGene does support custom tracks, and can be operated with minimal other support. I will look into the state of this tool and post results back here before Friday.

Thanks for your interest --- and patience!

Regards, Lawrence.